As a fourth-generation Idahoan, I want to enhance the opportunities that have been given to me.
My wife, of 45 years, and I have six married children and 24 grandchildren.
Of our children, two are educators, two are registered nurses, one is a civil engineer, and our oldest is a veterinarian.
The public education system has served our family well and prepared our kids for post-secondary opportunities that are, in turn, creating opportunities for their families.
Five of our six children currently live in Idaho, and our youngest will return this summer where her husband will join a successful medical practice.
I own and operate a livestock enterprise so water, private property, and transportation issues are paramount to me.
I have had many leadership opportunities that have helped prepare me to serve you.
- 1971, National Explorer President’s Congress, Washington D.C.; age 16
- 1972-1973, Rigby High School; Student Body President
- 1973, Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout
- 1974-1976, Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints; Norway Oslo Mission
- 1980-Present, President/Owner Spring Creek Ranch, Inc.
- 1979-1984, Idaho and American Farm Bureau Federation, Young Farmer and Rancher board member and Chairman.
- 1989- Present, Independent Canal Co., Secretary.
- 2010-2016, Jefferson County, Commissioner
- 2012-2016, Jefferson County, Commission Chairman
- 2014-2018, Idaho Cattle Association, Board Member
- 2018-2019, Idaho Cattle Association, President
- 2021-Present, Idaho Rangeland Resource Commission, Board Member
- 2021-Present, Development Workshop, Inc., Board Member
- 2021-Present, Local FFA Advisory Council, member